Training week 2 is down. Crazy KY weather meant I was running in shorts last Saturday and this today:
What I learned about 14 degrees:
- A silk baselayer plus a poly top is just fine.
- The balaclava is great for warming up my inhale, but I HATE exhaling through it. I don’t feel like I’m getting all my air out, or something just as irrational.
- Balaclava+glasses=C.S.S. (can’t see sheee-it… due to foggy lenses)
- My heavier tights are too big for me now.
- My knee-high compression socks are pretty great; I hadn’t yet worn them. And I got to pull off the dorky socks-over-my-tights look which I secretly love.
I shouldn’t have too much trouble if my next race lives up to its name.